Monday, May 21, 2012

Sheena's AP Studio Art Blog

This year in AP Art has been a learning experience to say the least. I started off the year thinking "this will be fun". I soon learned that although creating art is fun, it is also very stressful.  I like to paint and relax and work at my own speed.  In AP Art Studio this is not necessarily the way things go.  I soon found that if I didn't work faster and push myself to try new things I would never be able to complete my portfolio on time.  I am also a bit of a procrastinater which became a daily challenge for me to work through.
My work has gone through many changes.  I started the year as a painter and ended as a photographer.  In between I experimented in many different mediums.  My paintings transformed into collage work, that later developed into multimedia that included sketches and doodles. Early in the year my teacher had us take photos of a variety of things.  When we were short on ideas she told us to get the photos out and use them for inspiration.  As time went by I began experimenting more with photography.  I was feeling stressed and rushed as I pulled together my work for my portfolio.  However, I am proud of the work I accomplished.


Whatever I do in the future, I hope to include my artistic abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment