Thursday, May 24, 2012

Kaley's AP Studio Art Blog




This year has been crazy for me. Between juggling 3 jobs, 4 AP classes and a boyfriend, the one thing that has kept me sane through these past 9 months has been my artwork. Photography has taught me a great deal about life. I see things better through a camera and I feel so accomplished after reviewing my work at the end. I started off with just taking pictures of anything and everything I could find. Macro photography was a big hit for me. Everything just seems so much more interesting up close or when you can't see the big picture. When I was asked to do some family pictures for a friend, my confidence in my work sky rocketed. I went from nervousness to excitement within an hour! I had never taken a lot of people pictures, but they had faith in me so I knew it would be okay. Since that family shoot, I've done quite a few other family portraits as well as portraits for seniors, weddings, babies, and couples. I learn something new every time I pick up my camera. I enjoy telling stories with my work and showing things as they progress. I hope to continue learning more as I venture through college. My goal is to major in Digital Design and minor in Photography. Who would have thought?! I can't wait to see where my future takes me.





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful job capturing moments, moods & emotion...even with the nature shots. I have been told by people I have a way of seeing things others don't & bringing it out through my lens...I see that very much so here with your work.
    - RS

    ReplyDelete