Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Olivia's AP Art Blog

AP Art Studio, for me, has been quite the adventure! I knew from the first year they started the course, I would be taking it the following year. And I am really glad that I did! Not only did it help me develop my artistic ability, but it helped me discover a lot of things about myself; my strengths and my weaknesses: the good, the bad, and the ugly. At first, for some reason I wanted to do painting. I was okay at it. Well, I wasn’t really very good to be honest. And every single painting I did took a week to two weeks to complete, maybe more. So that was out of the question! I then turned to photography and I found that I really like taking pictures of nature; not only that, but I also began drawing some pictures that I eventually incorporated into my portfolio. In my art, I tried to capture the natural beauty of nature; something that really just leaves a person breathless. I really want to explore many more different kinds of art and mediums throughout college and throughout the rest of my life. I’m graduating in June, and plan to study Art Education with a minor in Photography. Hopefully this new adventure I begin in the fall will be just as invigorating as the one I just had. I believe that throughout this whole adventure while capturing nature’s beauty, I really discovered something that is more than beautiful to me: Art.



No comments:

Post a Comment