Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Kelsey's AP Studio Art Blog



This year has been, if nothing else, a learning experience to me.  I have learned that whether I liked it or not, procrastination and messing around was NOT the way to go, heck, it wasn't even an option!  You get behind so fast, it's hard to blink because you have to play catch up.  But from the start, I wanted my pictures to touch people, and they HAD to be sharp.  Working on my portfolio throughout the year, I learned how to better myself and my photography.  My macros were always my strong point, and they're my favourite way to make an image really pop!  I also learned how each photo captured a unique story that can be shared throughout the years.  People tell me a picture is worth a thousand words... they also tell me "A penny for your thoughts!"  But in all honesty, these thoughts and memories are priceless, and the love, laughter, tears shed, and days spent doing "absolutely nothing" can't be marked with a price tag either.  The sentimentality of each photograph and the subjects in them are an indescribable thing, much like keeping an old stuffed animal or a baby blanket until the very day you die.  Which is why my concentration was simply titled, "Sentimentality".  Taking something you have a personal attachment to, and making it into the work you do every day is what this year was about for me, and it is what I hope to make my future about as well.                                                                                 I plan to take classes in photography this year, and I hope to make a lasting career out of it, whether it is starting my own photography business, or getting hired at a (hopefully) well known magazine label or advertising company that needs photographers for nature, fashion, or just pictures to fill a void.  Although I am not too experienced with taking photos of live subjects, I hope to make that more and more prodominant in the future, and I hope to take some senior pictures and family photoshoots.  My hopes for the future are high, and though sometimes my goals seem unreachable and unrealistic, with enough hard work and determination, I have learned that anything is truly possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment