Tuesday, May 1, 2012

End of the Year...beginning a classroom blog!

After teaching 20 years, I have finally started a blog about my classroom.
I have wanted to create a classroom blog for quite some time now.  An art teacher's life is never dull, however, it does not allow much free time.  I just couldn't seem to find the time to take that first step.  After recently viewing a webinar on simplek12.com called "Blog, Quad, and Leap Around the World" with David Mitchell www.DeputyMitchell.com I realize there is no better time than the present to begin.
BTW-the webinars on simplek12 are wonderful.  If you are looking for new exciting ways to incorporate technology into your classroom I highly recommend taking advantage of this site.
Since it is the end of the school year and things are rediculously crazy busy around here, my goal is to blog as much as I can about exciting things going on in my classroom as well as aspirations for next school year.  Hopefully over the summer break I will have time to work through all the bugs with our system and figure out the ins and outs of blogging.  If you take a look at David Mitchell's site you will see that he has wonderful ideas for blogging  with classrooms arcross the globe.  In the fall I hope to join a Quad blog that allows my students to interact with students around the world, while showcasing their artistic endeavors.  I'm thrilled to finally get started!


2 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB!!! Keep blogging... I'll put you on my blog roll.

    Nic Hahn
    MiniMatisse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with it!! It is nice to have another resource joining our little community:)) I'll be watching:)
    Christie

    ReplyDelete