Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Abigail's AP Studio Art Blog

AP Studio Art has really made me look at my own work and discover my own style. My work has really grown this school year alone. The central theme of my work has been an intense use of lines, color, shape, and surreal imagery. Initially, I incorporated other people's works into my own by relying on images and outside resources. I gradually spun off of that and began to use my own imagination in my work by using unique lines. I like to stretch reality to the greatest degree, but leave a touch of what is real. I can be very random and in the moment when I paint; I see something and become inspired. Painting and drawing is a way for me to relax; I play my music and am free to be myself and get lost in my own world. Just because I am graduating this year does not mean I am saying goodbye to art. I plan on continuing to create art for the rest of my life, it's my hobby and is a part of me. My future plans include taking my general education either at a tech college or online, then transfering to a four-year college. AP Studio Art has given me confidence to make art a part of my future plans. I would like to pursue either art therapy or art education working specifically with children. I am thankful to have had this opportunity, thank you! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment