Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Kaitlyn APStudio Art

There was many ups and downs in my year of AP. Starting with the fact that Ms. Dercks changed my theme of my concentration three fourths of the way through the year, which meant i had to work harder and faster to get all of the concentration projects done on time. In the end I was able to get all my projects done and uploaded on time. Over the year I have figured out that I am an abstract artist. I do believe that overall I did much better than I could of ever hope of doing in AP Studio Art. Wish to continue improving my artistic ability.

There are many meanings behind a person’s face, but you never really capture every single meaning because we get distracted by our perception of beauty. With this style of painting you won’t be able to see superficial beauty or even someone’s facial flaws. The faces are distorted by color; you can still see the person’s face but not by the looks.


Everyone has an attitude, personality and purpose all their own. Instead of showing beauty or flaws I choose to show the people in my life as I see them. My concentration shows what we can’t see at first glance. With each abstracted painting  I’ve negated the small detail while still emphasizing the shadows and highlights.  Each person is painted in different tones and values of the basic color wheel. There is thought and meaning to each specific color choice and placement. While choosing color composition for each image I considered individual personality and the relationship I have with them. I’ve repeated one person more than once because she isn’t always the same color or color combination. Most of the time she is a shade of blue because she can be a shy and calm. Sometimes she can be frustrating, which can change her color to a bold color. This concept can also be seen in the other paintings. Once I thought through the best colors for their personalities or their connection to me, I looked at basic color theory and whether the color’s complemented each other in some way. In some cases I used complimentary colors or analogous to create contrast or emphasis. All the people depicted in my concentration are important everyday influences in my life.






No comments:

Post a Comment