Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Brandon's AP Studio Art

I experimented with many different kinds of art throughout AP. I tried watercolor and i did not enjoy the experiment at all. All I created was a colorful mess. I used to never paint but now i do more than drawing. I tried finger painting and succeeded. I ended up creating two works of art. I tried pastels and didn't like them. They kept smearing everywhere and all my colors we mixing. It’s hard to not get pastel on anything, it needs to be covered in newspapers.


My artwork represents the pieces of life. I was inspired by the hard lines and geometric shapes of a piece I saw, and from there I found my style. The mood of the piece depends on the colors I chose. When you look at a drawing of mine you either see pain and agony or happiness and joy. The color usually give it away. Grays, blacks, and whites usually show the impaired parts of life, bright colors show joy.


They say every piece of art has a story and a title. However, it's not the same for everyone. When you look at a piece of art you make your own interpretation. The colors bring out most of the emotions for the story. You see bright, vibrant colors and it makes you happy and excited, it gathers your attention. Your inner child comes out and you feel the emotions of the painting or drawing. Same goes with dull and bland colors. Your emotions change when you stare at a piece of artwork with uninspiring colors like shades of gray or brown. The story is different for everyone. I use a wide variety of colors in my drawings to give each person a different story and title. The angle the drawing is positioned gives another chapter to the story. If you're drawing a person, the angle they are looking towards or the position of the eyes gives a lot away. Looking down could mean sadness or misery. Looking up could be happy and joyful. If you look at a picture and the eyes are very detailed you can see a story or image through the eyes. You don't always control what you draw sometimes you just go with the flow and something ends up on the paper. However, my style contrasts the colors I use. The geometric shapes and hard lines are the outline of the story it tells. Everything else depends on the lines and what they make up.




No comments:

Post a Comment