Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Elaina's AP Art Studio Blog Post :)

Jeeze. This year has been crazy! But let me tell you what Ive accomplished. This is my senior year of high school has been all over the place, but I think the one thing that really kept me going was My AP Art Studio class. It wasn't like any art class I've ever taken before. Basically we are able to do anything we wanted to do. Well anything artistic. Ms. Dercks pushed us to do things that we haven't tried out before. So I learned how to use photoshop. I spent a total of 15 hours using photoshop to finish my AP portfolio. Let me tell you, my hands are still recovering.



The central idea of my concentration is “The Beauty Of Nature”. I’ve choose to show nature in an unnatural form to emphasize the flamboyant appeal of bright colored objects. Through the natural and unnatural photos, I have been able to show my perspective of plants while challenging the viewer's perspective of natural world around us.


My life has always revolved around the idea that nature and the world around us is sacred. My grandma was a huge inspiration not only for my art, but also love of nature. I dedicate my concentration in memory of her. I will always remember her talking about trees, and how they artistically talked to her. She taught me many art techniques, like watercolor painting. She also taught me the importance of not being afraid to try new things. Through experimentation of new techniques, I was able to turn my own perspective of nature into art. In pictures like the trees in the woods (#11) the yellow glow of the sun and serene scenery honestly brings a sense of peacefulness and warmth. And in pictures like the fuschia flowers I was able to use the rule of thirds. It is just astonishing that we are able to take scenes from everyday nature, and transform them into beautiful works of art. Another technique I learned this year is how to change the texture and color of the photos I take. In pictures like the obscure blue flower, I was able to take the nature of the picture and give it a whole new feel by transforming the colors. I learned a lot about color theory by trying out new techniques.  I was able to change the overall feel and atmosphere of each picture to create a feeling of connectedness and awe for the nature around us.

























 

No comments:

Post a Comment