Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Hana Elizabeth's ap art

I am a huge procrastinator. I wait till the last minute to do my work and then cram all my ideas into my work during a little crunch time. Usually my work turns out better when I'm put under pressure. Many ideas come to mind that I would love to do and create but pursuing the project without messing up is usually what gets me stuck. Once I free the ideas I have though; it feels so good. It's like telling a huge secret and a weight is lifted off my chest. It's like my own little way of sharing how I feel and the crazy things my imagination can come up with.

For my concentration I focused on struggles following up to new beginnings. Throughout high school I’ve faced too many struggles to coujnt but optimism and eagerness were the keys to finding the silver linings in it all. You must be eager for the result of the struggle because that’s going to be the next chapter in your life. To be optimistic makes a big difference in how each struggle impacts life. There will be lessons and there will be memories forever from everything.

During this school year, my youngest cousin found out she’s going to be having a little girl. She’s only sixteen years old and is scared like you wouldn’t believe. Luckily our family is very supportive and there for her. We know that there’s going to be many struggles to come from this; but optimism is definitely our key. It’s a new beginning in her life and for the whole family. Her and her boyfriend will be new parents to the baby; it’s a new chapter that will have many giggles and smiles, tears and frowns, and lots of love all for a little girl named Amiyrah Sylvia Rose. It’s the start of a new life; a very precious and new optimistic beginning.











2 comments:

  1. Nice work, I enjoy the photography the most................Nature is beautiful isn't it?
    Great Job,
    Mrs. Loizzo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hana: Your description of procrastination is something I can relate to, especially in my younger years. (Did I just write that?) Managing our time and our ideas can be quite challenging, and as you described, when we do it successfully, the feeling is positively awesome. Also, the ability of pressure to motivate is also most profound. While I was deployed, it seemed there was always tomorrow to do something, such as write a letter or take the time to walk to the MWR and call home; however, once you experience combat - in all its "glory" - pressure helps you to realize your folly. For me, I am reminded of those experiences and am motivated to feel good about being more proactive. The sensation of the smallest wave rushing over you feels wonderfully cool on the hottest of days. Why do tomorrow what you can do today?

    For myself, I am drawn to two of your pieces. The first is the colorful lizard. I don't know why really except I am fascinated by "ancient" cultures and their expressions of belief and beauty. I guess this reminds me of those people, cultures, ideas, and beliefs lost to time. And of course, I appreciate the creativity, planning, and attention-to-detail required of such endeavors.

    The second, is the picture below just below the first I described. It really captured my attention and thought. I enjoyed the seemingly continuous, and therefore, same landscape contrasted by the three "trees." These trees appear to be the same tree and somehow different tress. Intriguing. So, the same landscape and different trees captivate my thoughts. The effect is made impressive by the brightly colored backgrounds and circular pattern which seems to float to different locations as the image "progresses" through time in each section. It is difficult to put into words effectively. I hope this makes sense. Very good stuff.
    -Mr. Ruesch

    ReplyDelete